Unsorted Features List
From NetXMS Wiki
Below is unsorted list of NetXMS features.
Scripting Language (NXSL)
- Scripts can be called as macros (via %[script_name] macro) in event processing
- Scripts can use shared library finctions (via use operator)
- foreach operator
- Hook scripts after polls
- Find MAC address: system administrator can find switch port where device with given MAC address is connected.
- Find IP address: system administrator can find switch port where device with given IP address is connected.
- NetXMS can use DNS name as primary communication address. In that case, change in IP address will be reported via special event. Useful for monitoring machines with dynamic IP.
- NetXMS can distinguish IP address change from new node using MAC address
- NetXMS can monitor 802.1x authentication state on switch ports
- Can show hardware components for network devices (if device provides appropriate information)
- Layer 2 topology map can be built automatically
- Network autodiscovery
- Route change monitoring with Net.IP.NextHop internal parameter
- Agent can be restarted remotely from management console
- Agent can be upgraded remotely
- Watchdog can be enabled, which will restart agent in case of crash
- Agent can wait for specific process before completing initialization
- Subagents can be run under different users (external subagents)
Server Monitoring and Management
- Server can be restarted remotely via agent
- Any predefined command can be executed on server via agent, either automatically or by operator command
- Transformation scripts
- Calculated DCIs - value can be calculated from multiple DCIs on multiple nodes
- Condition objects
- NetXMS server can forward events to other NetXMS server