How to setup Eclipse/RAP
From NetXMS Wiki
Eclipse and Target Platform setup
- Download Eclipse 4.4 SR2 from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-developers/lunasr2
- Unpack and run
- Help -> Install New Software -> add new source "RAP 3.1 Tooling" - http://download.eclipse.org/rt/rap/tools/3.1
- Install "Remote Application Platform (RAP)" from that source
- Create directory somewhere on file system (for example /Eclipse/RAP)
- Copy com.ibm.icu_4.4.2.v20110823.jar from Eclipse runtime to /Eclipse/RAP
- Go to Window -> Preferences -> Plugin-in Development -> Target Platform, click "Add", initialize target definition with "Nothing"
- Change name to something like 'RAP 3.1"
- (still in target content editor) Add software site http://download.eclipse.org/releases/neon, uncheck "Include Required Software" and install "EMF - Eclipse Modeling Framework SDK" (from Modeling) and "BIRT Framework" (from Business Intelligence, Reporting and Charting)
- Add software site http://download.eclipse.org/rt/rap/3.1, uncheck "Include Required Software" and install everything
- Add software site http://www.netxms.org/eclipse/zest-rap/, uncheck "Include Required Software" and install everything
- Add software site http://archive.eclipse.org/technology/babel/update-site/R0.13.1/luna/, uncheck "Include Required Software" and install "Babel Language Pack for eclipse" and "Babel Language Pack for rt.rap" (Chinese Simplified, Czech, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish)
- Add directory /Eclipse/RAP
Is should be like this:
- Install Apache maven from http://maven.apache.org/download.html
- In trunk/src/java, run package.sh (or package.cmd on Windows)
- Import existing projects from trunk/webui/webapp into workspace
- Create new Run Configuration (of type "RAP Application")
- Enter "/nxmc" as servlet path
- Switch to "Bundles" tab, click on "Deselect All"
- Add working set -> add your workspace with all WebUI projects
- Filter for "http.jetty" and select "org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty"
- Filter for "console" and select "org.eclipse.equinox.console"
- Filter for "felix*shell" and select org.apache.felix.gogo.shell
- Clear filter field and click "Add Required Bundles"
- Uncheck "com.ibm.icu.base" - only "com.ibm.icu" must be selected
- Click on Validate
- Apply and Run
If browser complains about too many redirects (seen that on Mac) - just refresh page.
- From http://download.eclipse.org/libra/releases software site install "WAR Products (Incubator)"
- Open "nxmc.warproduct" and click on "Export"
Possible fixes if Eclipse acting weird
- Refresh sources
- Clean and rebuild all
- Repeat refresh / clean once more
- Refresh platform (Preferences -> Target Platform -> (select it) -> Reload
- Go to "Edit platform", select each Update site's URL and click on "Update"